The Rose Hill Restaurant began operations in January 1957 by Donald and Ruth Buckner with a seating capacity of 46. The menu specialty was Pit-Cooked Barbecue Pork and Barbecue Chicken with daily specials of Southern Style, home cooked meals.
In 1962, the Green-Wood Room was added with 45 seats. In 1972, the Tarheel Room was opened with an additional 100 seats. As the business grew, three rooms upstairs were opened to accomodate parties, meetings and luncheons. They are the Rosemary Room, the Club Room and the Farmers Room. In 1994, the Balcony Room was added with additional seating of 50. The total seating capacity of the restaurant is 400.
The Rose Hill Restaurant is still operated by the Buckner Family, serving the Best Home Cooked Meals in the South.